3 May 2019
Concert starts at 8:00 pm
Photo by Cliff Garber
. . .
Photo by Mona Esposito
- This album is a stunning collection of self-penned songs about love, loss, and drinking — the perfect blend of modern and timeless. From rich swells of fiddles to powerful honky-tonk guitar, all anchored by rocking bass, this album delivers one gem after another. In an age where so much music feels trite and phoned in, Lula Wiles emerges with their own unique blend of honest lyrics and gorgeous singing. Do yourselves a favor and listen to this record. Or better yet, see a live show. Aoife O’Donovan
- These young women [. . .] will be a huge force on the Americana music scene for many years to come. The chemistry they bring to the stage is a joy to behold. No Depression
- Lula Wiles are pushing the boundaries of Americana, crafting narrative lyrics that are just as detailed and complex as their tightly woven harmonies. . . . The result is brilliant. Sound of Boston
- An impressive, multi-talented, all-female group featuring tight soaring harmonies, clever songwriting, and an old-timey vibe. Glide Magazine
- A delicate balance between feverous passion and harmonious light and charm and grace. . . . It’s organic and raw in a way that is honest and real. . . . It’s just plain beauty incarnate. Red Line Roots
- . . .
- B is a brilliant young songwriter whose music moves me. Mary Gauthier
- At 17, B has shared the stage with David Grisman, Tim O’Brien, Chris Thile, and Amos Lee. B’s EP, Ghosts Underneath my Skin, produced by Neilson Hubbard, touches on issues from gun violence to being queer in America, an audacious debut. We would do well to listen and follow as B shines a flashlight in the dark. Amy Speace, Nashville, TN. April 2018
- Then [Amos ] Lee introduced [ B ] to the stage, and in that instant, the lives of everyone in attendance changed for the better. Michael Bialis, Huffington Post
- “I’ve had the great privilege to play with some incredible musicians in my life. Rarely have I come across one who is both virtuosic and profoundly raw and soulful at the same time. I don’t think many people are given either, let alone both. B’s got it. It’s mind-blowing to watch, spiritually elevating to play along with, and damn exciting to see what this incredible human has in store for us all. Langhorne Slim