10 March 2017
Alice Howe opens
The music of Goodnight Moonshine is passionate and sultry, steady and steadfast with a captivating sound that entrances the heart and soul of every listener. Molly Venter and Eben Pariser’s voice unite as one in harmony but each musician adds a special element to each and every song. ¶ Boston-based singer-songwriter Alice Howe opens the show.
Concert starts at 8:00 pm.
Music fans may recognize Molly as one of the members of the popular trio, Red Molly, which is currently on hiatus so that all three members can pursue their own projects. Her husband, Eben Pariser, is in the band Roosevelt Dime. Their musical collaboration has been a definite highlight in the acoustic music scene as they travel and present their own original music and unique takes on other musician’s songs. Molly’s voice is featured and she runs the gamut from sweet and sultry to nitty gritty. American Songwriter Magazine says that “few singers turn first-time listeners into eternal fanatics as effortlessly as Molly Venter.” However, it’s the pairing with Eben Pariser on harmony and electric guitar that really makes people become devout fans. Their intensity is apparent from the first note.
Molly and Eben use the creative process to explore a healthy authentic relationship like theirs at home in New Haven, Connecticut with their young son. Both wholesome and irreverent, they sing of grief and joy in equal measure. Molly gives smooth delivery to Eben’s assertions while Eben gives form and focus to Molly’s raw passion. Their music encourages listeners to embrace opposing desires, to challenge as well as support each other through inspiration and dissolution, and hopefully to share this journey with their larger communities. Molly’s voice has caught the ear of industry giants, and has been prominently featured on Apple Computer ads and in Warner Brothers films. Molly and Eben’s co-writer “Willow Tree” was a #1 hit on the folk charts and was featured in USA Today. Goodnight Moonshine plans to include an upright bass player on some shows on their current tour which will likely add another exciting complement to their already interesting performance.
. . .
Alice Howe is a lifelong songwriter. Her music is timeless and original and her soulful, impeccably tuned voice is a seamless conduit to her crafted poetry. Her musical heart lies in 60’s folk and 70’s Southern California songwriters, but her lyrics draw deeply from personal experience. As a performer, Alice is honest and sure-footed, familiar to her audience from the very first song. Alice recently relocated back to her home base in Boston after a successful stint in the Seattle music scene. Vance Gilbert says this of Alice, “How can a singer-songwriter have a voice like a broken angel’s bell and write songs that could be a week or a hundred years old all at once? Alice Howe, that’s how. I’m proud to know her now, because I think big things are going to happen with this lady.”
- Some albums catch your ear, some steadily bring you around, others allure you from the first instant — like love at first sight. Listen once to Goodnight Moon from Molly Venter and Eben Pariser and you are seduced. FolkWords
- It all goes down like silk. Few singers turn first time listeners into eternal fanatics as effortlessly as Molly Venter. American Songwriter Magazine
- . . .
- How can a singer-songwriter have a voice like a broken angel’s bell and write songs that could be a week or a hundred years old all at once? Alice Howe, that’s how. I’m proud to know her now, because I think big things are going to happen with this lady. Vance Gilbert
- The future is bright for singer/songwriter Alice Howe! Her songwriting is STRONG and getting stronger. Her voice is as gentle as a spring rain with a hidden power that will surprise you. I am a BELIEVER! Joltin Joe Pszonek, Radio Nowhere Newton, NJ
- Classic emotive folk reminiscent of Kate Wolf, Alice Howe’s earnest lyrics and heart-melting vocals might be the musical equivalent of lying in the dark beneath a clear sky of stars. Robby Hecht